It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR-Payroll-Benefits solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
Ready to be part of the team?
The Writer is a prolific and talented content creator that writes and produces various content assets, blogs regularly, and ultimately writes magnetic copy that drives more leads.
You are a:
- Journalism or English Literature graduate with a knack for writing and editing
- Super-effective writer that can distill complex thoughts and ideas into simple, clear, compelling language
- Creative thinker with an instinct for words that makes your writing totally irresistible
- Excellent communicator with a superb attention to detail – you also make a fantastic editor who can spot the smallest grammatical error, and can add a special touch to someone else’s writing, too
- Resourceful with a strong vocabulary – no one likes to read the same words over and over again
- Voracious reader – because when you’re immersed in a world of words, you’re naturally a better writer
You’re a whiz at:
- Creating rich content to attract leads, build awareness and reach with ebooks, whitepapers, webinars, infographics, videos and case studies
- Developing a deep understanding of our space and identifying key campaign themes and content pieces
- Leading and driving an actively engaged editorial board
- Collaborating with our designer, inbound and outbound marketing managers, as well as sales, product support and industry experts to produce relevant, engaging content
- Blogging on an ongoing basis to attract site visitors through search and social and to build an ever-growing blog subscriber base
- Editing content produced by your teammates, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing
You’ll stand out with:
- Past experience producing content at a B2B software company and writing content that is focused on generating leads
- Channel-specific knowledge including blogging and posting on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Producing smart calls-to-action (CTAs) according to lead lifecycle stage
- Your own blog
- Sense of humour and grace under fire
- Skills including Adobe Creative Suite, demand generation marketing, and inbound marketing wouldn’t hurt
Rise’s progressive, team-spirited culture rewards hard work and initiative. We offer a collective approach to building a leading company and the freedom to contribute to our success in creative and meaningful ways.
We’re a client-centric company and offer incredible client experiences at every touch point. Being part of our team, in any capacity, means always keeping this at the forefront.
We hire impressive and forward-thinking people who dream of revolutionizing the industry and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company. To ensure everyone is well taken care of, we offer well-paying jobs with thoughtful benefits and plenty of perks.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."
We’re big on celebrating at Rise. Whether it’s someone’s birthday, work anniversary, or a teammate has hit a major work milestone, we’re planning something special in the background.
Innovative Working Environment
We’re working to continually foster a culture of transparency, collaboration and empowerment. We want everyone to start each day excited, and end each day feeling proud.
In our books, two weeks just isn’t enough. We offer three weeks of paid vacation, as well as paid personal days and paid birthdays off — because no one likes working on their birthday.
Rise offers a thoughtful extended health, dental, life and vision plan. As an additional perk, we also offer subsidized transit passes.
Opportunities for Growth
We believe people are the most important part of every business. We help our own people grow through extensive onboarding, training and development, and opportunities for continuous career growth.
It’s important to keep up to date and improve your skills. We host monthly Lunch and Learns, educational talks with local tech companies, and pay for conferences, classes and certifications. We’ve also got an in-house library and a number of internal book clubs.
Fuel for Productivity
We keep our office completely stocked with a healthy snack bar, charcuterie supplies, coffee, tea, juice, and beer and wine for Fridays.
Work Life Balance
Feeling sharp keeps you sharp. Our internal wellness program includes subsidized fitness and wellness (gym pass, yoga classes — whatever you’re into), team-led stretch breaks throughout the week, and monthly health challenges with great prizes. We also bring in a certified yoga instructor to lead a class in the office once a week.
Fun & Friendship
As much as we love our work, we love spending time with each other. We host monthly team building activities such as go-karting, bowling, and karaoke. And there’s no shortage of things to do during the week, whether you’re catching up over lunch, playing a game of ping pong, or going for drinks after work.
Why do we love our clients so much? Because we get to work with forward-thinking companies that share the common mission of doing amazing things in their industries.
- Languages Spoken 14
- Average Age 32
- Company Departments 7
- Ping Pong Games 2027
- Karaoke Sessions 26
- Glasses Worn 23
What Our Clients
Say About Us
“Talk to them, ask the hard questions and they will surprise you every time. If you have EVER dealt with the “big guys” in payroll, you know what waiting on hold during T4 time and adjustment advice can feel like. This experience is the exact opposite. I HIGHLY recommend Rise to my network of HR professionals. They simply are easy-to-use, with a friendly interface and world class support.”
What We Say
About Each Other
“Kelvin is the definition of a team player. Any time I need any assistance, within or outside of his role, he is more than happy to help. It’s this availability and solution based attitude which makes him a superb customer success manager, and a truly valuable team mate.”
What We Have to Say About
Working at Rise
“Working at Rise has been an incredible journey. Everyone is so welcoming, and I am grateful to have such supportive mentors, leaders, and friends across all departments. My team constantly inspires me to find ways to improve, push limits, but most importantly have fun by rewarding a day of hard work with a friendly ping pong competition!”